Minutes of the meeting of Michaelstow Council Meeting held in the Treveighan Methodist Chapel on Thursday August 2nd 2018.
Present: Cllr. J. Marshall (chair), Cllr. R. Whitby, Cllr. R. East, Cllr. Dominic Fairman, (Cornwall Councillor for St Teath and St Breward wards) S. Mitchell (parish clerk),
Parish Council Meeting
- Public Session: Mr and Mrs T Martin were present concerning PA18/06383. The chair bought forward item 6 for discussion for their convenience. The parish council considered that the two-storey extension was in keeping with the environment and did not seem to impact on any other dwellings or residents. The council were happy to support the application.
- Members declaration of interest: no interests were declared
- Apologies for non-attendance: Cllr Button had provided his apologies via the chair
- Approve the minutes: the minutes of the meeting of 5th July were signed-off as correct.
- Matters arising from the above minutes:
- welcome to the parish leaflet: The parish leaflet had been printed in colour and the clerk distributed some of these with councillors who would deliver them. Cllr ffrench Blake thought they were just for new residents but councillors had decided to deliver to all houses, leaving about 50 leaflets for people moving to Michaelstow.
- Community Network road grants: Cllr Fairman would report back on the community network road grants following the meeting on 11 September 2018.
- Letter to Chief Executive Cornwall Council RE: illegal trader: Councillors were shocked that there had been no reply from the chief executive concerning this and asked the clerk to re-send the letter stressing that they needed a reply as they had to explain the matter to parishioners. The clerk had reported the caravans next to the B3266 as abandoned vehicles and environmental services phoned to reply that as the matter was still undergoing legal procedures they were not going to remove them.
- Summer reading project donation: The clerk had asked Camelford Town Council what was a reasonable amount to donate to the summer reading project. He had written a cheque for £30 co-signed with the chair that had been sent to Camelford Town Council to pay for a session at St Breward School.
- Planning: Applications: PA18/06383 Construction of two-storey extension, Buttercup Barn, Treveighan Barn, Trevillick Lane. Mr. T Martin. Dev. Officer Lorraine Lehan > 7th August. Discussed during public session.
- Accounts: Financial Matters
- Bank Balance: 27.07.18 all payments cleared to £6522.26
- Invoices & Payments cleared:
- clerks monthly salary of £281.86 paid by standing order on 1st
- parish pathway maintenance from Mr Sanders for £350
- summer reading project £30 donation
- Community Network / correspondence:
- Parish Matters: AOB
- the parish council resolved to remove matters concerning the electoral review from the agenda as they were happy with the outcome.
- Cllr Whitby reported that British Telecom had been surveying the Treveighan area for superfast broadband. The clerk agreed that this had also happened in Fentonadle.
- Date of next Meeting:
The next meeting was scheduled for 6th September 2018.
- To Close the meeting: Cllr Marshall closed the meeting at 7.51 pm.