Minutes of the meeting of Michaelstow Council Meeting held in the Treveighan Methodist Chapel on Thursday August 3rd 2017.
Present: Cllr. Robin East (chair), Cllr ffrench Blake, Cllr Richard Whitby , Cllr. Dominic Fairman, (Cornwall Councillor for St Teath and St Breward wards) Simon Mitchell (parish clerk).
Parish Council Meeting
- Public Session: There were no members of the public present
- Members declaration of interest: No interests were declared
- Apologies for non-attendance: Cllr Marshall had sent his apologies. Cllrs. Whitby and ffrench Blake voted Cllr East to chair the meeting in his absence.
- Approve the minutes: The minutes of the meeting of July 6th were signed off as correct by the chair.
- Matters arising from the above minutes:
- welcome to the parish leaflet: the clerk distributed a first draft copy of the text for the welcome to the parish leaflet. Councillor Whitby thought that the leaflet should also contain some basic business contacts for useful services.
- electoral review: Councillor Fairman gave additional information on the electoral review process. The councillors asked the clerk to supply a response, preferring 99 councillors rather than 87 as they thought that rural parishes would lack representation, producing less effective decisions
- wood carvers: the eviction notice for the woodcarver’s had been handed to the wrong person and the eviction was now reissued for 20th September
- water on road: the clerk observed that there was less water pooling outside Tregawn Farm now that it had been diverted under the road higher up. He thanked Councillor Fairman for his help making this happen.
- Planning: Applications.
PA17/02324 erection of a dwelling on land opposite the school house, Ms Sybil Griffiths. This application had been refused. Councillor ffrench Blake was asked to investigate the legal position regarding the parish council asking Sybil Griffiths to reinstate the drainage. Five people from Michaelstow Churchtown had sent the parish council a letter concerning flooding in the winter caused by the installation of her access point to land opposite the school house.
- Accounts: Financial Matters
- Bank Balance: 27.07.17 all payments cleared to £3902.28
- Invoices & Payments: clerks monthly salary of £274.56 paid by standing order on 1st .
- LMP: Nothing to report
- Community Network / correspondence: Councillor ffrench Blake was concerned that the community network had no teeth to make things happen. Councillor Fairman was hoping to strengthen the community network and that the next meeting would concern broadband, housing and employment, the very issues that councillor ffrench Blake had mentioned at the meeting.
Councillor ffrench Blake reported that speed cameras had been installed on the B3266.
- Parish Matters:
- Date of next Meeting:
Dates for year’s meetings 2017 were agreed as:
- To Close the meeting: Cllr East closed the meeting at 8:17 pm.