Minutes of the meeting of Michaelstow Council Meeting held in the Treveighan Methodist Chapel on Thursday July 5th 2018.
Present: Cllr. J. Marshall (chair), Cllr. R. Whitby, Cllr. R. East, Cllr. A. Button, S. Mitchell (parish clerk),
Parish Council Meeting
- Public Session: there were no members of the public present
- Members declaration of interest: no interests were declared
- Apologies for non-attendance: apologies from Cllr Fairman and Cllr ffrench Blake
- Approve the minutes: the minutes of the meeting of 4th April were signed-off as correct.
- Matters arising from the above minutes:
- welcome to the parish leaflet: The parish leaflet was approved for print with some small changes from Cllr Button. The clerk had it priced with Prontaprint for £125 for 150 copies in full colour, stapled and including delivery. The parish council gave him permission to use the debit card for this purchase.
- Community Network road grants: Cllr Marshall had attended the community network meeting concerning road grants. The attendees had been presented with 13 or so different options but were not asked to vote at this stage, whilst the projects were evaluated.
- Letter to Chief Executive Cornwall Council RE: illegal trader: There had been no reply from the Chief Executive of Cornwall Council regarding the illegal trader set up on the old road of the B3266. There were no signs of residents and the clerk was asked to report the caravans as abandoned vehicles to the proper authorities.
- Drainage issues outside Tregawn Farm: Cllr Button advised leaving the drainage issues until there was enough water to make them evident. He believed that the stream down the road at Clarkswell only needed basic maintenance to get it through the pipe to drain into his field.
- Planning: Applications:
PA18/06082: Listed building consent to replace defective concrete a plain tiles covering lean-to low level pitched roof with second-hand Delabole regulated slates and replace roof-light. The parish council viewed these plans which included an 11 page bat survey and offered their support for this necessary work on a listed building.
PA18/05818 and 05819 erection of an agricultural general-purpose livestock building, land south of leathern bottle Michaelstow, Bodmin, Cornwall – and extension of an existing agricultural building on the same site. After discussion the parish council provided their support for the erection of these farm buildings.
- Accounts: Financial Matters
- Bank Balance: 27.04.18 all payments cleared to £6989.12
- Invoices & Payments:
- clerks monthly salary of £281.86 paid by standing order on 1st
- payment for annual hire of chapel (£220) and caretaker (60)
- LMP: The clerk had received no payment towards the local maintenance project and said that he would re-apply.
- Community Network / correspondence:
- Parish Matters: AOB
- The clerk provided a web site link to the draft recommendations concerning the electoral review boundaries.
- Cllr Whitby confirmed that the Michaelstow Community Fund had received a payment of £1500 from Farm Energy Woodlands Ltd. Cllr ffrench Blake had indicated by email that the £4500 accrued should be deployed to secure things of permanent benefit to the community. Cllr Button thought that installing toilets near to the church would provide such a benefit and would further explore the possibilities.
AOB. The parish Council discussed their involvement in the national network of bonfires planned for 11 November 2018 to celebrate the Centenary of the end of World War I.
- Cllr Marshall had been approached at the Camelford Community Network meeting for funding concerning a summer reading project supplying reading activity to schoolchildren in the area. The clerk was asked to contact Camelford Town Council to determine a reasonable donation.
- Date of next Meeting:
The next meeting was scheduled for 2nd August 2018.
- To Close the meeting: Cllr Marshall closed the meeting at 8.15pm.