MICHAELSTOW PARISH COUNCIL DRAFT MINUTES November 1st 2018
Minutes of the meeting of Michaelstow Council Meeting held in the Treveighan Methodist Chapel on Thursday November 1st 2018.
Present: Cllr. J. Marshall (chair), Cllr. R. Whitby, Cllr. R. East, Cllr. A. ffrench Blake, Cllr. A. Button, Cllr D. Fairman (Cornwall Cllr for St Teath and St Breward wards), S. Mitchell (parish clerk),
Parish Council Meeting
- Public Session: there were no members of the public present
- Members declaration of interest: no interests were declared
- Apologies for non-attendance: there were no apologies
- Approve the minutes: the minutes of the meeting of September 6th were signed-off as correct.
- Matters arising from the above minutes:
- Reply from Chief Executive RE: abandoned caravans on B3266: The clerk summarised the email responses from the Chief Executive that he had forwarded to Cllrs. Because the land is not owned and is unregistered there is nobody who can be made responsible for removing the caravans. However in a letter of 18th September the Principal Development Officer stated that he was waiting for an estimate for clearing the land at which time he would seek formal authorisation to remove the effects from the land at an unrecoverable cost to the County Council. Members of the parish council had observed that the grass verges around the encampment had once again been mowed. Cllr Fairman observed that a similar Lane in St Breward had been unregistered and become an unofficial footpath. St Breward Parish Council had gone to the land registry to adopt the ownership. Cllr Whitby volunteered to investigate this and the clerk thought it was called ‘adverse possession’.
- Community Network road grants: Cllr. Fairman would report back on the Community Network road grants following the meeting on 11 December 2018.
- Planning: Applications: No planning applications
- Accounts: Financial Matters
- Bank Balance: 27.10.18 all payments cleared to £8847.90
- Invoices & Payments cleared:
- clerks monthly salary of £281.86 paid by standing order on 1st
- LMP: No issues reported
- Community Network / correspondence:
- Parish Matters:
- First World War Centenary Celebration. The First World War centenary celebrations were scheduled for 11th November. Cllr Button confirmed that there would be a Memorial Service in the church at 10:30 AM. He also confirmed that he would light a fire on the beacon at 6:50 PM as part of the chain of beacons crossing the country. He would provide some potato boxes stuffed with dry blueberry plants that would make an effective beacon fire. The clerk would make and distribute 10 posters and have this event put on the St Tudy Facebook page. He would later make a Facebook page for Michaelstow for event promotion and advertise this in ‘The Magazine’. Cllr Marshall would purchase a wreath to be placed on the War Memorial. Cllr ffrench Blake wanted to explore the possibility of a slideshow of images he had from the First World War and arranged to meet the clerk to set this up at Treveighan Chapel on Tuesday 6th November at 5.30 pm.
- Bank Form. There was a form request updating account information for Barclays Bank. One question was ‘date your organisation was formed’. The clerk found the records office held information regarding the parish council going back to 1895.
- Date of next Meeting:
The next meeting was scheduled for 6th December 2018.
- To Close the meeting: Cllr Marshall closed the meeting at 8.06 pm.