MICHAELSTOW PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES October 5th 2017
Minutes of the meeting of Michaelstow Council Meeting held in the Treveighan Methodist Chapel on Thursday October 5th 2017.
Present: Cllr. Marshall (chair), Cllr ffrench Blake, Cllr. Whitby, Cllr. East, Cllr. Dominic Fairman, (Cornwall Councillor for St Teath and St Breward wards), Simon Mitchell (parish clerk).
Parish Council Meeting
- Public Session: There were no members of the public present
- Members declaration of interest: No interests were declared
- Apologies for non-attendance: There were no apologies
- Approve the minutes: The minutes of the meeting of September 7th were signed-off as correct.
- Matters arising from the above minutes:
- welcome to the parish leaflet. The clerk showed the councillors a layout for the leaflet which had overflowed from a four sided A5. The councillors agreed the leaflet should be an eight sided A5 pamphlet.
- audit completion. The clerk reported that the audit had been returned with no issues.
- invasive plants. Himalayan Balsam along B3266. This had been reported to Cormac and also Vicky at the garden centre would mention this to Mark Andrew.
- broadband at Treveighan. Councillor ffrench Blake had heard that BT were presently concentrating on giving access to isolated areas with the lowest broadband speeds.
- Planning: Applications.
PA17/08797 Application for a non-material amendment in respect of application PA13/05407, Glebe Farm, Leathern Bottle by >12.10.17. The councillors raised no objections to this application.
PA17/09101 The construction of a tiered retaining wall sited to the rear of a residential building. Gam Bridge Farm, Wet Lane by > 24.10.17. The councillors raised no objections to this application.
- Accounts: Financial Matters
- Bank Balance: 27.09.17 all payments cleared to £6891.88
- Invoices & Payments:
- clerks monthly salary of £274.56 paid by standing order on 1st
- http://www.michaelstow.org.uk website domain and space renewal 1 year £60
- payments for caretaker and chapel rent due for £60 & £200
- LMP: the clerk enquired whether anyone knew if Mr. Sanders had been paid for his church grounds maintenance and the chair agreed to find out.
- Community Network / correspondence: Cllr ffrench Blake had attended the network meeting which he reported as having much more purpose than the previous, with useful exhibits and information. The next meeting was on 12th December.
- Parish Matters: AOB
- electoral review: division arrangements. Cllr Fairman told the councillors that the number of county councillors was now set at 87 and the consultation was moving onto boundary divisions until February 2018. He showed an early proposal for boundaries in which his wards were divided up between other existing councillors. In this proposal Michaelstow would be part of the Camelford town area. The parish councillors thought this would be a poor outcome as they were particularly concerned that rural areas should not be lumped in with towns as rural interests were distinctly different. They thought that the needs of rural areas would be eaten up by those of higher density populations. Councillor Fairman showed a different map proposal which did not do this, which the parish council resolved to support.
- Date of next Meeting:
Dates for year’s meetings 2017 were agreed as:
12. To Close the meeting: Cllr Marshall closed the meeting at 8 pm.