MICHAELSTOW PARISH COUNCIL DRAFT MINUTES September 6th 2018
Minutes of the meeting of Michaelstow Council Meeting held in the Treveighan Methodist Chapel on Thursday September 6th 2018.
Present: Cllr. J. Marshall (chair), Cllr. R. Whitby, Cllr. R. East, Cllr. A ffrench Blake, Cllr. A Button, S. Mitchell (parish clerk),
Parish Council Meeting
- 1. Public Session: there were no members of the public present
- Members declaration of interest: no interests were declared
- Apologies for non-attendance: Cllr. Fairman provided his apologies via the chair
- Approve the minutes: the minutes of the meeting of 2nd August were signed-off as correct with one omission – Cllr. ffrench Blake had been present at this meeting but his name was missing from the minutes.
- Matters arising from the above minutes:
- welcome to the parish leaflet: the leaflet had been distributed to most of the parish with some positive feedback received. Cllr. Button agreed to deliver leaflets to Bearoak.
- Community Network road grants: Cllr. Fairman would report back on the Community Network road grants following the meeting on 11 September 2018.
- Letter to Chief Executive Cornwall Council RE: illegal trader: The clerk was asked to reply to the letter delegated by the Chief Executive, asking for clarification on the ownership of the land on which the now ‘occasionally occupied’ caravans were sited.
- Planning: Applications:
PA18/06383 Construction of two-storey extension, Buttercup Barn, Treveighan Barn, Trevillick Lane. Mr. T Martin. Dev. Officer Lorraine Lehan. The planning office had determined that this two-storey extension was unsuitable for Treveighan. Several councillors had undertaken a site meeting. The planning officer had asked the parish council for response to a five-day protocol. The applicant was advised to retract the application and add further detail before re-submitting to meet to the objections provided.
PA18/06084. Consent for change of use shippon barn to habitable space & garage to games room. Mr & Mrs Simon Worthy, Bearoak Manor. Officer Mark Evans. The parish councillors had viewed and provided support for this application prior to the deadline of 29.08.18 and reaffirmed the clerk’s given response to planners in support.
- Accounts: Financial Matters
- Bank Balance: 24.08.18 all payments cleared to £5,640.40
- Invoices & Payments cleared:
- clerks monthly salary of £281.86 paid by standing order on 1st
- councillors agreed to the renewal of website domain and space for one year for £60
- LMP: No issues reported
- Community Network / correspondence: Cllrs. Fairman and Whitby were to attend the Cornwall Network meeting on 11 September.
- Parish Matters: AOB
Councillors resolved to accept the alterations to governance documents presented to them by the clerk (via NALC) concerning model standing orders and financial regulations. Proposed by Cllr. ffrench Blake and seconded by Cllr Whitby.
- Governance updates for adoption 2018 – 2019: Model Standing Orders: http://www.michaelstow.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/model-standing-orders-2018.pdf
Model Financial Regulations:
- Date of next Meeting:
The next meeting was scheduled for 4th October 2018.
- To Close the meeting: Cllr Marshall closed the meeting at 7.46 pm.