MICHAELSTOW PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES September 7th 2017
Minutes of the meeting of Michaelstow Council Meeting held in the Treveighan Methodist Chapel on Thursday September 7th 2017.
Present: Cllr. Marshall (chair), Cllr ffrench Blake, Cllr. Button, Cllr. Dominic Fairman, (Cornwall Councillor for St Teath and St Breward wards) Simon Mitchell (parish clerk).
Parish Council Meeting
- Public Session: There were no members of the public present
- Members declaration of interest: No interests were declared
- Apologies for non-attendance: Cllr East had sent his apologies.
- Approve the minutes: The minutes of the meeting of August 3rd were signed-off as correct.
- Matters arising from the above minutes:
- welcome to the parish leaflet: the Council had reviewed the text for the planned parish leaflet and the clerk was asked to go ahead with the layout with alterations to the section on local buses.
- Churchtown residents letter: Cllr ffrench Blake had observed that the recent heavy spate of rain had not caused flooding in Michaelstow Churchtown. He advised the parish council that instead of looking at legal options concerning the alteration to the bank by the church, they should wait to see if it flooded again.
- Planning: Applications. None
- Accounts: Financial Matters
- Bank Account: 27.08.17 all payments cleared to £3628.42
- Invoices & Payments:
- clerks monthly salary of £274.56 paid by standing order on 1st
- an invoice from Mr Sanders for strimming banks £273 was paid
- LMP: Councillor Marshall thought that Mark Andrew had done a good job with strimming the path along the edge of his field, the other side of the gold path.
- Community Network / correspondence: Councillor Fairman said that the next community network meeting on 12th September would take the form of stalls and presentations on jobs, economics, broadband and health issues.
- Parish Matters: AOB
- Councillor Button reported an outbreak of Himalayan Balsam along the B3266 by the garden centre and asked the clerk to look into it.
- Cllr Marshall told the council that Treveighan was being supplied with high-speed broadband and Cllr Fairman said he would look into how this had come about.
- Date of next Meeting:
Dates for year’s meetings 2017 were agreed as:
- To Close the meeting: Cllr Marshall closed the meeting at 8:10 pm.