MICHAELSTOW PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES December 1st 2016
Minutes of the meeting of Michaelstow Council Meeting held in the Treveighan Methodist Chapel on Thursday 1st December 2016
Present: Cllr. J. Marshall (chair), Cllr. A. ffrench Blake, Cllr. R. East, Simon Mitchell (Parish clerk), Cllr. Dominic Fairman, (Cornwall Councillor for St Teath and St Breward wards).
Parish Council Meeting opened at 19.30
- Public Session: No members of the public were present.
- Members declaration of interest: There were no interests declared.
- Apologies for non-attendance: Cllr. Button had given his apologies by phone
- Approve the minutes: The minutes of the October meeting were approved and signed.
- Matters arising from the above minutes:
- ongoing situation with illegal trader resident at top of Dry Lane. The meeting concerning was delayed until 15.12.16 so there was nothing to report
- bank account setup for Parish Community Fund and Friends of Church. Cllr Whitby wasn’t present at the meeting so there was nothing to report
- assets register & re-statement & risk assessment. The clerk said he had completed the assets register and asked for a councillor to check the safety of the two parish seats. Cllr. ffrench Blake thought the one by the church might be in need of repair.
- signs for Treveighan. The chair had passed on the information regarding the brown tourist sign for Treveighan
- Book of Governance for Michaelstow. The clerk presented the first draft of the Book of Governance for Michaelstow and was asked to order copies for all councillors for the next meeting in February
Pre-application protocol for adoption: A pre-application protocol provided by CALC had been sent to councillors for viewing and this was adopted by the parish council. Cllr. Fairman introduced the councillors to ‘Housing Allowances’, for example the 3,200 new dwellings planned for Bodmin or the 1,200 new dwellings planned for Camelford and said he would consult the Housing Needs Survey to see what the planners had assessed as the housing need for Michaelstow.
PA16/09131 application for display of advertisement sign at end of Dry Lane, Mr. D Wills. This application had been refused and the parish council were informed that they were not able to challenge the decision for an advertisement hoarding.
- Accounts & Financial Matters
- Bank Balance: all payments cleared to: £4771.66
- Invoices & Payments: clerks salary of £261.03 paid by standing order on 1st of month.
- Cost of elections 2017: The clerk showed the invoice from Electoral Services for a contested election and told the councillors that CALC had advised this amount of £1750 be added to the precept notification. Cllr. Fairman concurred.
- Precept financial projections and notification to Cornwall Council. The precept amount came to £7500 and the clerk was asked to put this into the notification for 2017 precept
- Debit card to clerk. The clerk read out the part of the updated financial regulations concerning debit card use, clarifying that it would only be used for pre-approved payments and the councillors agreed it should be returned to him from Cllr. Whitby
- LMP: there were no issues
- Community: Network / Correspondence.
- Parish Matters:
Cllr. Fairman advised the parish council that the 4G towers previously costing £500 were now available through the superfast broadband for no cost if the council signed-up. Cllr. A. ffrench Blake suggested ordering one for the clerk, who declined.
- Date of next Meeting:
Dates for year’s meetings 2017 – 17: 02.02.17 – 02.03.17
- To Close the meeting: Cllr Marshall closed the meeting at 20.14